Powered By Blogger

Friday 23 March 2012

What's your "real" reason for hittin the gym?

I am sure most of y'll know my blog posts are usually generated following a conversation with someone who makes me stop in my tracks and ponder a thought for longer than a minute. With great joy, I fail to disappoint on this occasion as it does not differ.

Speaking with a colleague who is a gym junkie, Adele is in her mid forties but still loves working out. She is very beautiful with a well toned body many of us "teenagers" would could only aspire for.
During our conversation, she described how she gets her kick by watching others training and physically challenging them unbeknown to her opponent. "I get a thrill knowing they can't do what I'm doing". Obviously, my first reaction is "seriously?!?!?!?!?!?!?!".

How could that possibly do anything for her? She is the only person who knows she is having a competition/challenge. That confused me for a second, like obviously not everyone who trains in the gym are on the same workout levels.

This was followed by her need to wear make up to the gym. I mean a full face of make accompanied with blusher, yes the works!!!!!!! Now this is something I just do not understand and I've often tweeted about it.

Please do not get me wrong, I am not judging just that I really do not understand how this works and what could be the rationale for this. Do people wear make to the gym because of major insecurities or to attract attention from the opposite sex/ same sex (whatever works for you)?

I would NEVER list going to the gym as one of my hobbies with the exceptions of spin, zumba and badminton but due to my "fat genes and love for good food", I have no choice. The last thing I would be doing is going with a face full of make up or checking what others are doing. I try and focus on myself and gain momentum.

Which leads me to my next question. Do ladies really go to the gym to attract guys and get chatted up? Seriously? I couldn't imagine. During and after a proper workout, covered in sweat with a tangy odour (for my lack of a better term) standing and flirting with a guy. Sweat patches in places not normally acceptable, but as everyone has just seen me working it, its like who cares????? With all of that going on, being chatted up by a very cute guy with bulging biceps and pecs that has its own story, errrrrrrmmmmmm I just don't think so!!!!!!!

I know guys sweat as well but they look sexy, masculine and strong.........(the list can go on). Ladies, on the other hand, nah, not cute at all!!!!!!!

I go to the gym, usually minding my business unless if approached. I engage in the smallest talk ever (LOL), push myself to my limit and make a swift exit.

Am i just being anal? Is there something I'm missing. Should the gym be another place for meeting "cute" guys? Am I expected to flirt between abdominal crunches or while swinging my child bearing hips between the shoulder press and triceps machines???

Do I need to up my "A" game?


No comments:

Post a Comment