Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Race for life Challenge


Hey dolls, I'm back (whoop whoop I hear y'll saying) in an attempt to keep to my word, 

I recently lost a family member to cancer. I thought I was OK and dealing with it quite well until I watched Pat Evans's (from Eastenders for y'll who do not know who she is) battle with terminal cancer. This tore me to shreds and dashed my new years resolution of positivity right out of the window. I simply could not function. 

Having worked with patients who have cancer and even provided palliative care (caring for patients with a terminal disease with no cure), I thought I could deal with cancer. O boy was I wrong. You never truly know how your going to react to something until it slaps you in the face. 

After a whole day of crying, sore and swollen red eyes, I dug deep and tried to turn this negative experience into a positive. I have decided to take up the Race for Life challenge. YAY!!!!!!!!

Now I call it a challenge because as y'll already know, I'm not the healthiest person neither do I enjoy working out but have to as I have fat genes. OK I'm deviating again. 

I'm determined to complete this race whether I walk, jog or run and raise money for Cancer Research UK. I know my run is not a going to provide a cure for cancer instantly but I am very optimistic and supportive that one day we find a cure for cancer. 

I am also trying to recruit as many people as possible to participate in the race for life challenge as this should hopefully translate into more money raised for Cancer Research UK. 

I am awaiting the race for life dates from the official website http://raceforlife.cancerresearchuk.org/.

I will be back with an update once I have all the details about my race to employ you to participate or make a donation. 

Please note: Thoughts reflected in this post have not been endorsed by Race for Life. 

Will keep you posted...........

Ciao xoxo


2 comments:

  1. HEY COCO I ADMIRE YOUR SPIRIT AND POSITIVITY, WILL DEFO LOVE TO TAKE PART AND SUPPORT.:)))

    ReplyDelete