Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 13 July 2010

ARE YOU HAPPY BEING THE OTHER WOMAN?





I’ve just had a very intense conversation with a male friend of mine. I cannot recall how we got to talking about husband and partners cheating on their respective others. The issue was my friend did not approach it from this angle. My friend boldly stated “most women prefer to be with married men”. This got me thinking, why would any female want to be the other woman?
He was trying to convince me ladies prefer married men or men with partners to single guys. This instantly woke me up from my midday nap and actually rattled my cage. I thought and must have voiced I have never heard such crap in my life.
I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my life, ok maybe I have but I mean seriously? Why would a lady prefer to share her man? Why would any female want to be the bit on the side? The one that has a part time partner and seeing him only at his convenience. Always spending stolen time at her house or in hotels because they don’t take them home, only to have him rush back to his wife and maybe children.
He gave me this rant about women always having their men cheat on them in a “monogamous” relationship whereas with guy who is already hooked up, “they both know the score”.
Speaking for myself and almost all the females I know from my mother, grandmother, aunties, cousins , friends and colleagues (you get my drift), I am yet to meet any who has feels comfortable to be the mistress, girlfriend or the bit on the side. Females usually want to be the only one. They like to believe he is my man (even if he is only boyfriend).
The only reasons I can think a woman is comfortable with being the only woman is if she is out for her material /selfish gains, circumstances which definitely would include low self esteem or a victim of the situation.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not talking about ladies who initially do not know that he has a partner or is married. I’m thinking of ladies who get involved in these relationships knowing he is with someone.
Is it us ladies do not know our worth? Do woman engage in such acts to pass time or gain attention? I clearly do not understand, maybe I’m old skool. My ultimate question to these ladies, are you genuinely happy being the woman?

1 comment:

  1. This is a grey area lol cos 1 if she happy been his side chick 9/10 she has another boo that's makes him her side boo thang as well. However they are some dillusional women that think them allowing him to have sex will convince him to leave his home or his wife and start a relationship. Breaking news if this ever happens she jazzed him. As most men just want some fun. It's better not to be a side chic cos ultimately he loses respect for who ever agrees been a side line boo

    ReplyDelete